Monday, March 12, 2012

Tool 9

1. Huh??? Technology can be used as a supplement for achieving the desired outcome of an individual lesson, but I don't feel that it is realistic for technology to be tied to each objective, especially when the availability and reliability of each technological device is not guaranteed for each 7 periods in each instructional day, or for the 160-170 students on my roll.

2. Students are likely held accountable for their personal areas and for their chores and responsibilities in their homes. Not to mention they will be held accountable for their use of technology once they leave school and enter college and/or the workplace. It only makes sense that they would be held accountable for their stations at school-----just like they're accountable for their textbooks-------right?

3. I liked the following websites:

http://tenmarks.com/

I can create interactive assignments for my students. According to the thinkfinity website I can view student performance at a glance.
http://thinkfinity.org/games-and-tools

I could create an interactive game for social studies and attempt to monitor their usage by utilizing sign-in and sign-out sheets using a time stamp machine for each assignment attempted.

4. Bamboo Paper - Wacom notes for stylus
Students could share their postings with me by syncing with my laptop.

Educreations Interactive Whiteboard 
Students could share their postings with me by syncing with my laptop. 

iBrainstorm 
Students could share their postings with me by syncing with my laptop.

I'm realizing that if I'm going to be expected to create "stations" within my classroom  that I'm going to need a lot more physical space, and also an entire student population that has access to advanced technology outside of the classroom. I often loose class time because I have to provide students with access to technology within school hours in order to complete their required edmodo assignments. I guess what I'm saying is that I sign an awful lot of passes to the library. Perhaps having technology inside the classroom will help with that.........

5. I would solicit ideas from the students about how they can foresee using the technology provided within the classroom to further their learning experience. I would take their suggestions to heart and then attempt to integrate them into stations.....

No comments:

Post a Comment